Benefits for C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators
Here are some of the benefits granted to C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators:
- Returning students--Students come back for more training because C.L.A.S.S. exercises blend into your curriculum as a natural next step after a beginning level course. After achieving the B.A., many students will then want to continue their training to reach the M.A., and the Ph.D. levels.
- Motivated students--C.L.A.S.S. encourages students to keep their training sharp over the course of their dog’s life, both because they can move up to advanced levels, and because they must retest every three years to maintain the dog’s degree.
- Educated students--C.L.A.S.S. requires students learn about basic dog care, behavior and body language in addition to training techniques. This makes your job much easier since you will be communicating with students who have a solid base of knowledge, which they can use to train and understand their dog. They are more likely to bond with and appreciate their dog.
- Happy students--C.L.A.S.S. gives students specific goals to work toward, helps organize their training, increases their motivation, helps them feel part of a training group, and gives them concrete rewards. Best of all, they will have a dog with skills they use every day in real life.
- Belonging to a community of evaluators--C.L.A.S.S. evaluators share training strategies, lesson plans, curriculum design, and celebrate the success of their students and each other’s businesses through the Evaluator newsletter and online discussion. Join this vibrant, supportive group!
- Spreading positive training--C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators get to spread awareness of reward-based training and enjoy the buzz that is created when veterinarians and others in the community notice students’ well-behaved dogs. They and their businesses are part of raising the expectations, and enjoying the results of, positive reinforcement training. This is good for dogs, the profession of dog training, and for your business.
- Marketing support--In the Resources section of the online Evaluator account, there are press release templates, web icons, customizable C.L.A.S.S. brochures, promotional flyers, and scheduling tips. All Evaluators and Instructors will be listed as the Official online search for C.L.A.S.S. Evaluators and Instructors on the C.L.A.S.S. web site.
About Canine Life and Social Skills