C.L.A.S.S. instructors are like class professors—they are dog training instructors who teach a C.L.A.S.S. curriculum to prepare students for the C.L.A.S.S. Evaluation. One does not need to be a C.L.A.S.S. Evaluator to teach a C.L.A.S.S. curriculum. It is free to sign up as a C.L.A.S.S. Instructor.
APDT membership is required to become a C.L.A.S.S. Instructor. The APDT is a professional organization of individual trainers who are committed to becoming better trainers through education. Learn about APDT Membership Benefits
Access Your Instructor Account
Becoming a C.L.A.S.S. Instructor
- Sign up here as an Instructor -- it's FREE!
- Download the C.L.A.S.S. curricula
- Publicize your C.L.A.S.S. classes
- Email current and past clients about C.L.A.S.S. (see sample email in Instructor Resources)
- Send the C.L.A.S.S. Instructor Media Release to your local newspaper, post on your web site, and include in your newsletter.
- Provide C.L.A.S.S. brochures to local veterinarians, groomers, animal shelters, rescue groups, pet supply stores, current and past clients, etc. Be sure to include your contact information identifying you as a C.L.A.S.S. Instructor.
- Post the official C.L.A.S.S. Instructor logo and C.L.A.S.S. web site link to your web site.
Find a C.L.A.S.S. Instructor
Do you volunteer with or work at a shelter, municipal animal control, or rescue group? The C.L.A.S.S. Shelter Program can increase adoptions and lead to quieter kennels and less stressed dogs. Download the C.L.A.S.S. Shelter Handbook for Lesson Plans, Training programs, and supplemental training information to enhance a shelter's existing volunteer and enrichment program or create a new one. Read about Introducing C.L.A.S.S. to Shelters for ideas on offering your training services to shelters.
C.L.A.S.S. Webinars for Evaluators and Instructors